Fleek LLC originally conceived Cover and is in charge of distributing its open source code and interfaces. Cover is fully open source; however, this does not provide access to the Cover brand and image trademarks/licenses.
We take the usage of our brand and service trademarks very seriously, as it is our responsibility to ensure all Cover users whether Fleek LLC is the entity behind a service or website; and that the resources, platforms, services, and open source code/software that is shared represents unmodified Cover software.
These trademark policies affect the Cover brand, and associated image, logos, websites, and content.
You are allowed to:¶
(Without explicit concent)
- Use Cover's brand or trademarks to refer or link to official and up to date resources, open source repositories, interfaces, or Cover services.
- Use Cover's brand to refer to community-driven modifications or updates, specifying its original source and derivation from Cover's original resource.
- Use Cover's image and logo to communicate, inform, or share information (as an external, non affiliated source) regarding Cover and the Open Internet Services’ functioning.
- Use Cover's logo on integrated software or Internet Computer applications to specify an integration to Cover's services, or link to them. Which doesn’t in turn imply an official sponsorship or endorsement from Cover, which can’t be claimed without permission.
- Use Cover's brand and trademark.
- Use Cover's logos for the aforementioned uses, without modifying them other than in scale.
You are NOT allowed to:¶
- Use Cover's branding, image, or trademarks on fraudulent websites, services, products, software or open/closed source code of any type.
- Use Cover's brand or image as your own, have it overshadow your own brand, or intend to deceive users to believe a non-affiliated brand or product is Cover (similar names, modified but similar imagery, etc.)
- Use Cover as a claimed sponsorship, endorsement, or claim any type of unauthorized affiliation (such as creating fake profiles, alleged partnerships or products), utilizing Cover's trademark and brand.
- Modify Cover's brand and trademarks.
- Commercialize or distribute Cover's brand, image or logo in any shape or form.